Sermon part 1: Faith and doubt
• I was on twitter on Resurrection Sunday and someone said: Sometimes I find it hard to believe
• Some time I find it hard to believe in the whole edifice of Christendom
• Too often rather than seeking relief from our doubt amongst are church family (and Thomas tried to do) we hid them
• We are afraid of not being good disciples – but it is clear that even the disciple’s doubts
• Christ did not exile them or condemn the
• At worse it confused him
• Christ embraced them and sought to resolve their doubts
• Let us be a community of faith but also keep room for doubt
• Let us as brother and sisters help people resolve their doubts
• Let us move forward in one mind – that just a someone doubt may confuse our faith it does not reduce it
25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them.
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Let us prepare for a time of prayer, keeping in are mind that god is the only fount of life and life immortal Hymn: 280 Breathe on me breath of God
Prayers of intercession
Remember in your love the world you have made, those who seek a fair and proper use of the world’s resources:
Scientist – guide their hands and minds
Families – share what they have in the tough times
Governments – strength to pursue equality and innovation
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Those who strive for justice and peace among the nations:
UN – Koffy ann-ann
North Korea & South China Sea
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Remember in your love those who suffer
Victims of violence
In Syria – in Egypt
Those who suffer
Due to prejudice (homosexuals)
Those who morn
Victims of man’s lust
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Let us with one heart and mind say the prayer jesus taught us
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind […] They shared everything they had.
Hymn: 196 I know that my Redeemer lives
However, we can proclaim the living Christ let us do so with: Hymn: 196 I know that my Redeemer lives