Tuesday 18 February 2014

Ash Sunday prayers of confession and forgivness

Prayers of confession based on Psalm 51
Stf 424 is God forgave my sins in Jesus name

Holy and merciful God we confess to you and to one another
That we have sinned through our own fault
We have sinned against you and others
In thought, and word and deed
In what we have done and failed to do
STF 424 Verse 1
Have mercy on me, O God,
  according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy
  blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
  and cleanse me from my sin.
STF 424 Verse 1
For I know my transgressions,
  and my sin is ever before me.
Against you, you alone, have I sinned,
  and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are justified in your sentence
  and blameless when you pass judgement.


Prayer of forgiveness to be read responsively
I have but hope in you
You lord are my only refuge
I freely seek to live the life of forgiveness
I freely seek to live the life of love
I will freely follow the path of Christ your son
I give thanks that is your nature to shine with mercy
I give thank that you are the God of forgiveness
I stand in awe at the cost you bore to pay for my sin
I weep for the pain you bore to pay for my sin
STF 424 refrain


All of this you did so I could come to your holy mountain
All of this so you could call me child
All of this so I can stand saved
STF 424 refrain


You have forgiven me – alleluia
You have cleansed me -  alleluia
You have welcomed me – alleluia

Send me with great alleluia to spread your word 

No comments:

Post a Comment