I am an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated individual who until recently was employed as an Operations Analyst at Westcoast, an IT distribution company, dealing with high levels of complex data and customer and marketing databases via Excel. I have achieved a Masters degree in Political Theory and a 2-1 BA (Hons) degree in Public Policy and Management studies. During my three years at Westcoast I gained a reputation for problem solving, clear thinking and strong project implementation skills, as well as excellent team working, working closely with the HR and sales teams. I am looking for a role in data reporting and I have always been interested in delivering the best data solutions possible.
- Created Westcoast reporting structure: There was none when I started and I instigated all reports
- Created all of Westcoast various databases, utilising only existing data
- Created various KPI tracking reports utilising Excel
- Mastered Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Used SAP to gain information form
- Provided a uniform customer and product tracking system linked in with risk and ensuring accesses for both sales and product teams
Westcoast LTD: Arrowhead Park, Arrowhead Road, Theale, RG7 4AH: May 2007- April 2010
Westcoast: October 2009 – April 2010 Operation and System Analyst
· Migrated Westcoast’s entire reporting system on to Qlikview:
I achieved without disruption to the reporting function at Westcoast. Also managed via Qlikview to increase the range and depth of the reports produced.
· Merging databases:
Merged XMA’s company database into Westcoast’s database within a tight three day deadline and monitored the database thereafter. Utilising SAP to gain information from XMA
· Liaising with all departments within the business:
Acted as a bridge between other departments and IT. Understanding both the business need and the systems required to meet these, and communicating this to IT.
· Analysing and resolving operational issues:
Resolved issues surrounding a customer rebate system by creating a new system and new reports. Resolved issues around a complex recording and usage system by creating new guidelines.
· Training and Knowledge Transfer:
Trained staff in Excel. Provided Excel and other system based advice and guidance to all Westcoast employees.
Westcoast: November 2007 – October 2009 Information Co-ordinator
· Created and implemented all of Westcoast’s Marketing and Sales databases. Liaised with IT to utilise information in a more efficient way. Administered and managed these databases.
· Created ah-hock sales reports for business
· Date entry of customer details and product and stock level
· Management of customer rebates:
· Trained staff in Excel
· Created a reliable and accurate customer rebate, accrual, monitoring and payment system.
Westcoast: May 2007 – November 2007 Sales administrator
· Providing customer quotes and stock level information to customers through statistical, customer focused reporting. Processing customer orders, dealing with customer enquiries, assisting customers with technical assistance.
· Computer literate with a proven track record in using Microsoft Office as well as other database software – undertook VBA training
· High attention to detail and processes:
· Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables and v-lookups
· Ability to work to tight deadlines:
· Managing companywide reporting, ensuring all reports were produced according to schedule.
· Problem solving:
· I was responsible for creating new reports by overcoming systems issues and utilising Microsoft Office, VBA and Qlikview
· Good with people and able to communicate with a wide range of people
· Friendly and well mannered
· Effective communicator
· Dedicated and loyal
Education and Qualifications:
2005 – 2006
MA in Political Theory,
2002 – 2005
2-1 BA (Hons) Public Policy and Management Studies, DeMontfort University: Leicester
Merit HND Public administration, DeMontfort University: Leicester
1994 – 2002
AVCE Business: C C, Highdown Sixth Form
5 GCSE’s Grades B-C
· Reading: both fiction and none fiction
· Politics: I tweet and blog and keep well informed
· History: visiting British historical monuments
· Church: I assist them with their AV and I am door steward
References available on request