Saturday 22 September 2012

Harvest


What does harvest mean to you? (Symon)

Ask people about what the harvest means to them?

In the Psalm we were given a picture of God as gardener

He fills the rivers with waters

Blesses the its valleys and trees

And blesses it with his love and mercy

But there is one fruit it does not mention and that id the fristfruit

When I think of harvest I think of this

Luke 13:34

34 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

We our also a creation of God

We our his first fruit

It is hard to think of us as fruit I know

But it is for us all other creation was formed

It is to keep us that God blesses the harvest

And just as we gather the fruits we grow

So God will gather us in

So when I think of the harvest I think of the day when God shall call me home


Deuteronomy 26:1-11

How do we offer back to God? (Symon)


In accordance with are reading we have:
Come from the world God made for us
We have marked the wonders of God
We have given thanks that ours is a land of milk and honey
And we have rejoice in all the good things
but what our we to give him?
I am reminded of a Christmas song: In the bleak midwinter

What can I give Him, poor as I am?

If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;

If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;

Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.

Fruit and vegetable our all well and good

Our time and money are better still

But what God really wants is You
You are his harvest
You his chosen person
Yes I know no of you think worth of it
Hardly the best of humanity
Hardly blessed in his sight
If I am fruit I am bruised and a bit mouldy
but so much dose he love you
That he causes the rivers to flow
He causes the sun to shine
And he even sent his first fruit
His own son
To call you home
So when you think God has forgotten all about you
Come be part of the harvest
And he shall rise you to be the first fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment